I saw a lovely lady riding her bike through New Orleans today.The sunlight was low and behind both of us in that comforting way that says the day is almost closed and we're all headed home to take off our bras and make butter pasta.She was riding her bike wearing a dress and I had split second of jealousy thinking,天哪，I don't do that nearly enough.I've forgotten that as one of life's very simple graces.她的衣服是一种介于季节之间的花，一个俏皮但长度适中的，为了确保安全而无忧无虑的骑行，她把自己裹在身下。
你如何向别人解释如何穿着裙子骑自行车？很长但不太长。加快，scoop just so,gently sit,准备好你的思想和核心，slow and steady to start,then just go for it… let it flow.
There's beauty to the small details and certainly an unspoken grace to us ladies (like how I lumped the rest of us in there?).In addition,这些酵母卷里有果酱，真的，if you consider the bikes and dresses and setting sun and everything else – we are blessed indeed.
If this image doesn't convince you,I honestly don't know what would.
This recipe is from Julia Turhsen'sSmall Victories食谱，如果你的收藏中没有它，is a really reliable source for recipe classics + kitchen creativity.
We've made plenty of dough around here.This dough is softened and sturdied by whole milk,eggs,and butter… making it the best / my very favorite kind of dough.
如果你想一步一步来，there are these奶油奶酪肉桂卷that will take you down the road.You might also stay for the filling.Who could blame you?
Once the dough has puffed and doubled,它被轻轻地揉在一个撒了面粉的柜台上…
… and rolled to an oval-ish rectangle that measures about 18 x 12 – inches.A kitchen ruler comes in handy.
厨房的尺子不是特别的尺子，rather… it's just a ruler that you keep in the silverware drawer.
Our filling is as simple as asking yourself what your favorite jam is.Use that!
It would be extra lovely if you had a homemade jam.Homemade strawberry jam would be my absolute dream.In the absence of that,我用了一种很好的樱桃果酱，加了一点柠檬酱，使它变脆了。
Jam spread.Leaving about 1/2- inch border along all sides.
滚动，带着勇气和信念。滚得越紧越好。Don't pause or hesitate,快进去。
因为面团是软的，果酱是软的，这条面团会感到松软。There's no time to lose here.
我用了一把长刀，though you could use a large non-serrated knife,to slice the rope in half… then each half in half until you have about 12 pieces.12岁以下也可以。
Arrange up,seams facing in on a parchment lined rimmed baking sheet.
We can wipe the counter later.没关系。
If you're worried about all of the jam baking out of the rolls onto the sheet pan,请知道我也有那种恐惧。如果你用的果酱质量好，这不应该成为一个问题。
Serve warm.几乎太热了。They're doughy sweet,literally irresistible,值得一杯咖啡和拍拍后背。
This dough recipe is reliable and satisfying.可以考虑做传统的肉桂卷或未填充的晚餐卷。It's a great base!
Julia's Jam Buns with Sour Cream Glaze
- 准备时间： 一百二十
- Cook Time： 三十
- Total Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Yield: 12
- 2 1/4茶匙活性干酵母
- 2 large eggs,被分割的
- 3 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter,softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 在一个小平底锅中加热，warm the milk until it is body temperature.Transfer to warm milk to a large bowl and stir in the yeast.Let the mixture sit until the yeast is dissolved and looks cloudy,about 5 minutes.表面上的一些气泡也是酵母准备好的一个好迹象。
- Crack one of the eggs in a small bowl and beat with a fork.把打好的鸡蛋和面粉一起加入牛奶酵母混合物中，sugar,盐，还有黄油。
- 用木勺把所有的东西混合在一起，直到面团开始从碗的侧面脱落。If after a minute or two of mixing it doesn't pull away from the bowl,add a little more flour,1 tablespoon at a time,直到它。If the dough seems too dry and impossible to mix,再加一点牛奶，1 tablespoon at a time until it becomes a little more forgiving.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured work surface and shape the dough into a large ball.用你的手后跟压住它，然后把它从你身上推开，then immediately pulling it back toward you,把面团折叠起来。每次推和拉面团时，顺时针转动一点，使面团均匀地工作和揉搓，直到表面完全光滑，同时整个面团既坚实又柔软。It may take a solid 5 minutes of kneading.
- Put the dough back in the large bowl and cover the bowl with plastic wrap.Let the dough sit in the warmest spot in the kitchen until is soft,蓬松的,and doubled in volume – about 1 hour.
- 把面团放回撒了少许面粉的工作面上，用撒了面粉的擀面杖把它擀成一个约18 x 12英寸的椭圆形长方形。如果你在揉面团的时候面团有阻力，简单地让它静止，直到它屈服于滚销；dough responds well to to patience.用覆盆子果酱均匀地涂抹面团表面，leaving 1/2-inch border.
- 从长边开始，roll the dough up tightly so you end up with a 18-inch rope.Cut the rope into 12 even slices.I like to cut it in half,cut each half in half,and so on and so forth until you have 12 slices.The ends might not have much jam but you can still add them to the bunch.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.Arrange the buns,cut side up on the prepared baking sheet in relatively even rows.The buns should be lightly touching each other and the seams face inward towards each other.
- 你也可以在前一天晚上准备这些面包卷，refrigerate covered and then bring to room temperature for 1 hour before baking.
- Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F.
- 把剩下的鸡蛋打成一个小碗，用1汤匙水搅拌。Before baking,揭开包子，用打好的鸡蛋轻轻地刷一下。Bake until the buns are browned and bubbling,25 to 30 minutes.
- While the buns are in the oven,in a small bowl whisk together powdered sugar,sour cream,香草。
- 在热面包上淋上酸奶油。It'll be messy.享受它。从热到热，因为这些面包最好直接从烤箱中端出来。